September 29, 2014 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Sept. 30 10th grade health screening
- Oct. 1 RGDE Testing ( late start)
- Oct. 1 Jazz/Orchestra Concert 7:00pm
- Oct. 2 Theatre Parent Meeting 6:00pm
- Oct. 3 Student picture re-takes
- Oct. 6 Choir Concert 7:00pm
- Oct. 9 Finals
- Oct. 10 Finals
- Oct. 11 Theatre Craft fair
- Oct. 13-14 No School, Fall Break
RGDE Testing Schedule (October 1st)
Testing (90-minute Late Start)
08:15 – 9:45 Testing (90)
00 09:00 – 09:45 (for those not testing)
01 09:55 – 11:00 (65)
03 11:00 – 11:21 1st lunch class (15)
11:21 – 11:51 1st lunch
11:54 – 12:40 1st lunch class (46)
11:06 – 11:46 2nd lunch class (40)
11:46 – 12:16 2nd lunch
12:19 – 12:40 2nd lunch class (21)
11:06 – 12:10 3rd lunch class (64)
12:10 – 12:40 3rd lunch
02 12:46 – 01:51 (65)
04 01:57 – 03:03 (66)
You’ve Been Caught – SOAR – WAY TO GO!!!
- Madison Deriese and Sydnye Rohren– Prize
- Brayden Roberts– 1st in line for Lunch
- Camden Glenn – Premier Parking
- STT t-shirt order is in! Students who purchased a t-shirt during pre-sale can pick up their shirts in the Theatre Hallway after school today. Please have your Student ID ready to speed up the process. There are NO additional shirts available at this time. If you would like to order one or if you have any questions, please call Mrs. Mescher in the Media Center.
College visits for September:
- Hastings College Mon., Sept. 29th at 9:00 a.m
- Doane College Tues., Sept. 30th 9:00 a.m.
- Peru State College Wed., Oct. 1st 1:00 p.m.
- Midland University Thurs., Oct. 2nd 9:00 a.m.
- University of Nebraska Honors Thurs., Oct. 2nd 1:00 p.m.
- Bryan College of Health Sciences Fri., Oct. 3rd 10:00 a.m.
- Nebraska Wesleyan University Tues., Oct. 7th 9:00 a.m.
- University of South Dakota Tues., Oct. 7th 1:00 p.m.
- University of Nebraska Kearney Wed., Oct. 8th 10:00 a.m.
- University of Chicago Fri., Oct. 17th 1:00 p.m.
- Macalester College Mon., Oct. 20th 9:00 a.m.
- University of Wisconsin Mon., Oct. 20th 10:00 a.m.
- Washington University Tues., Oct. 21st 9:00 a.m.
- University of Kansas Tues., Oct. 21st 10:00 a.m.
- University of Iowa Tues., Oct. 21st 1:00 p.m.
- Coe College Wed., Oct. 22nd 9:00 a.m.
- University of Nebraska Omaha Wed., Oct. 22nd 10:00 a.m.
- Buena Vista Mon., Oct. 27th 9:00 a .m.
- Northwest Missouri State University Mon., Oct. 27th 10:00 a.m.
- Wayne State College Tues., Oct. 28th 9:00 a.m.
- Washburn University Tues., Oct. 28th 1:00 p.m.
- Cornell College Wed., Oct. 29th 1:00 p.m.
- Kansas State University Fri., Oct. 31st 9:00 a.m.
- Vanderbilt Fri., Oct. 31st 10:00 a.m.
- Senior pictures for the yearbook are due Friday, October 31st. http://home.lps.org/english/yearbook/
- Announcements/Cap and Gowns- Jostens will be here Oct. 30 & 31st from 11-1pm for seniors to order announcements. Packets will be distributed to students after the senior meeting Oct. 24th. Lincoln Graduation will be here Nov. 4th & 5th form 11-1pm for seniors to order cap and gowns.
- Government and Politics- All seniors are required to take Government and Politics their senior year. Students need to fulfill 20 hours of community service. http://isite.lps.org/dhersh/webextras/gopo/
LUNCH FOR : September 29, 2014
- Chicken fingers with whole grain breadstick
- Whole grain beef and bean burrito
- Whole grain calzonettes
- Vegetarian: Vegetarian burrito
- Varsity Boys Tennis vs Westside @ Koch Tennis Center at 8:00a.m.
- Varsity Cross Country @ Kearney Country Club at 1:00p.m.
- Varsity Girls Golf @ Holmes Golf Course at 3:00p.m.
- Reserve Boys Tennis vs LEH @ LEH courts at 4:00p.m.
- Varsity Boys Tennis vs LEH @ LSW at 4:00p.m.
- JV Football vs Fremont @ Fremont High- Appleget Field at 4:30p.m.
- JV Girls Golf @ Elks Country Club- Columbus at 9:00a.m.
- Reserve Football vs LNE @ LSW at 5:00p.m.
- Reserve Softball vs Lincoln Pius X @ Doris Bair Field 2
- Varsity Softball vs Millard North @ Doris Bair Field D
- JV Softball vs Millard North @ Doris Bair Field K
- JV Volleyball @ Grand Island Senior High – West Gym at 5:30p.m.
- Freshman Volleyball @ GI – East gym at 5:30p.m.
- Varsity Volleyball @ GI – West gym at 6:30p.m.
- Reserve Volleyball @ GI – West gym at 6:30p.m.
- Freshman Football vs LSE @ Seacrest Field at 5:00p.m.
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events http://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi
- The Multicultural Student Caucus meeting has been MOVED to THURSDAY, October 2nd in A113 after school. This group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. We will be electing officers this Thursday so it is not too late to join! Goals for the 2014-2015 school year are to promote cultural awareness and acceptance of all cultures within the LSW and local communities. Club activities could focus on the celebration and recognition of various holidays and cultures while also volunteering at various local cultural centers. Looking for motivated leaders and members who want to have an active role in this group, while having fun and hanging out with friends! Hope to see you there! Please see Mrs. Kelley if you have any questions.
- We will hosting our first Hawks Food Market and Clothing Closet on Tuesday, September 30th from 2:00-3:15pm in the A100 forum. Students, families and staff members are welcome to shop with no questions asked. We ask that participants simply sign in and get what they need. We would appreciate it if you would spread the word regarding this event.
- September is National Hunger Action month. We look forward to supporting our students and their families as they strive to meet basic needs. Please contact the counseling center staff if you have questions or need additional information. Thank you for your support, LSW Counselors
SFF would like LSW students to know there is a student-fan bus going to the LSW/Papillion-LaVista football game on Oct. 3 in Papillion.
Students need to get a parent signature and pay the $14 fee. This fee includes game admission. The Travel Forms are on the front desk in the office or on the athletic website where you can print from home. Completed Travel Forms and money can be returned to the main office and are due by Tuesday Sept. 30. The bus will depart at 5:15 pm on Oct. 3 and return promptly following the completion of the game. The bus must have at least 52 students in order to go. If there are any questions see Braxton Tonniges, Kyle Pekarek, Mr. Vernon or Miss. Benson.
Seniors and juniors are encouraged to sign up for such scholarship searches as Scholarship Quest for local, regional and state scholarships as well as national searches. To learn more and to access links, students may access the LSW Counseling Center website at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/students/scholarships/.
Students may sign up in the Counseling Center if they would like to visit with Anders Peterson, Education Quest's College Planning/Financial Aid Specialist. Mr. Peterson will be at LSW on Thursdays, beginning September 4th through April 30th.
Students who have Free/Reduced Lunch Status may qualify for fee waivers to take the ACT, SAT, register with the NCAA, college admissions applications, free college tuition & much more. To check on eligibility, please visit with your assigned counselor. Visit www.act.org to learn more about the ACT and www.collegeboard.org to review info about the SAT.
Interested in applying for millions of dollars in scholarships? Visit the LSW Counseling Center's website on scholarship opportunities at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/students/scholarship-opportunities/ . Information about such scholarships as the Susan Thompson Buffett, Wendy's Heisman, Prudential Community Spirit Awards, & more are currently posted.
Students in need of school supplies, food, clothing, etc. are encouraged to visit their counselor or Ms. Clare (LSW School Social Worker). Community resources are also available at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/students/student-resources/ on the LSW Counseling Center website.
College-bound student-athletes & their families are encouraged to review information posted on the LSW Counseling Center's website at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/academics/student-athletes/.
Students looking for online academic assistance are encouraged to check out the resources available at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/academics/academic-assistance/ on the LSW Counseling Center's website.
LSW students & families are invited to follow the LSW Counseling Center on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/LSW-Counseling-Center/128219850541557) & Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/lswcounselors/).
Students & families interested in working with Nancy Clare (LSW School Social Worker) and/or Breanna Kaup (Licensed Mental Health Therapist with Family Services at LSW), are encouraged to contact their assigned counselor for more information.