Janaury 9, 2015 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Jan. 9 Class meetings, 8:30-11:20 a.m.
- Jan. 10 - Science Olympiad Northland Invitational- K.C. Missouri
- Jan. 14 ITS Initiation, 4-7p.m.
- Jan. 14 Show Choir concert, 6:30 p.m.
- Jan. 15 Future Hawk Night. 6:30 p.m.
- Jan. 19 Martin Luther King Holiday – No School
- Jan. 24 SAT Test
- Jan. 27 Lincoln Graduation will be at SW taking orders for cap and gowns, 11:15-1:00p.m.
- Jan. 28 NESA Writing Exam (Juniors), Lincoln Graduation will be at SW taking orders for cap and gown.
- Jan. 30 Winter Wonderland Dance, 7-10p.m.
You’ve Been Caught – SOAR – WAY TO GO!!!
- Kali Mansur and Griffin Everitt-Prize
- Jayden Knaub– 1st in line for Lunch
- Zach Williams – Premier Parking
- New SFF meeting time is 3:15 on Mondays in Miss Benson's room, C110
- Class Meetings are today. We have a guest speaker from UNL.
- The Winter Ball is Friday Jan. 30th. Tickets will be $5.00. More information about ticket sales will be coming out shortly. Watch the hall monitors for more information.
- Senior Ads are due Friday Jan. 16th
- Seniors: James Keating, Admissions Counselor from the University of Nebraska–Kearney will be at LSW on Tuesday January 13th from 2:05 to 3:05 in C113 lab to assist students in completing the UNK application and answer any questions pertaining to UNK admission
College visits for Term 3:
- Savannah College of Art & Design Tues., Jan. 13th 9:00 a.m
- Cap and Gown- Lincoln Graduation is the company we use to order cap and gowns.
Online information or ordering: http://www.lincolngraduation.com/ss/live/index.php?action=viewcat&sid=98&cid=92&pageid=1071
- Government and Politics- All seniors are required to take Government and Politics their senior year. Students need to fulfill 20 hours of community service.
- Anders Peterson from EducationQuest is at LSW every Thursday to assist students/families in completing the FAFSA and the Susan Thompson Buffet scholarship application. Sign up in the counseling center to meet with Anders
LUNCH FOR: January 9, 2015
- Spaghetti and meat sauce and garlic bread
- Breaded pork sandwich
- Fish and cheese sandwich
- Vegetarian: Meatless sauce spaghetti win garlic bread
- JV Wrestling Invitational vs Millard West @ Millard West at 5:00p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball vs LSE @ LSW at 5:45p.m.
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs LSE @ LSW at 7:30p.m.
- Varsity Wrestling Tournament vs Millard West @ Millard West at 8:00a.m.
- Freshman Boys Basketball vs Omaha Skutt @ Omaha Skutt Catholic High at 10:00a.m.
- Reserve Boys Basketball vs Omaha Skutt @ Omaha Skutt Catholic High at 10:00 a.m.
- JV Girls Basketball vs Millard North @ Millard North at 12:00p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball vs Millard North @ Millard North at 1:30p.m.
- Varsity Girls Basketball vs Millard North @ Millard North at 3:30p.m.
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs Millard North @ Millard North at 5:15p.m.
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
UNL Diversity Enhancement Scholarships- Web link, http://admissions.unl.edu/cost-aid/leadership-diversity-scholarships/diversity-ehancement.aspx
Scholarship Details-5 separate scholarships, Deadline: February 1
We value talented students from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Your story matters. These scholarships are meant to identify and attract talented students who have shown knowledge and experience in diverse areas or backgrounds and are prepared to use this knowledge to contribute to advancing communities.
The following criteria will be used in the Diversity Enhancement Scholarship selection:
• Academic preparedness (ACT/SAT scores, GPA, class rank, etc.)
• Demographic diversity (geographic, first-generation, low-income, single parent household)
• Life experiences or involvement living or working in diverse organizations or communities
The Process for Applying for a Diversity Enhancement Scholarship
1. Apply for admission to the university
2. Watch for an email with your NU ID number (you should receive this within 5 working days after applying.) Use this to apply for Diversity Enhancement Scholarships found in your MyRED account at myred.unl.edu .
3. Download and submit any additional required forms listed with each scholarship.
4. Pay attention to application deadlines.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln’s College of Business Administration’s 2015 DREAM BIG Academy held July 12th-16th. This FREE program is a chance for students to learn about business, their strengths and how they can apply them in a career. In addition to exploring the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, students will also spend a day with our corporate sponsor, ConAgra Foods, at their headquarters in Omaha, NE.
Please encourage your students to keep this opportunity on their radar when thinking about summer plans!
The criteria for selection will be based upon the following:
• High School Junior
• 2.5 GPA or higher
• DREAM BIG Application, online in January
If you have any other questions please contact Dominique Edwards at email@example.com , Wendy Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org , Mark Davis at email@example.com , or the CBA Undergraduate Programs Office at (402) 472-7379
Thank you for encouraging your students to DREAM BIG!
We look forward to hosting your students this year!