Lincoln Southwest High School will inspire an academic, creative, and flexible learning environment. Students, faculty, staff, and patrons will be challenged as a COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS to reach their maximum potential in a safe, caring, multicultural, and technological environment.
Southwest Belief Statements
Lincoln Southwest High School is a place where all students, faculty, staff, parents, and patrons can learn. We believe in…..
- a personalized approach to learning, which will help prepare each student for good citizenship and personal development for the next stage of life; (personalization)
- the implementation of a coherent curriculum as a vehicle to provide students with the foundation to apply knowledge and skills for full participation in life in a democratic society; (coherency)
- creating an environment in which learners have adequate time to construct meaning and actively participate in the learning process; (time)
- the integration of technology and training on a daily basis to ensure students will be able to comfortably participate in an increasingly technological society; (technology)
- providing support and training to all faculty and staff so that they are equipped with adequate preparation and support to perform their responsibilities and continue their own learning; (professional development)
- encouraging participation and involvement from both school and community members to partner and become leaders for learning.; (leadership)